Channel Islands Maritime Museum
Located in Oxnard’s beautiful Channel Islands Harbor on a scenic walkway that connects tempting eateries and harbor shops with the Channel Islands Maritime Museum, a cultural and scenic destination featuring exceptional classic and contemporary maritime art and exhibits, intricately crafted ship models, a fabulous museum store, interactive exhibits on current maritime culture, inspiring views of the harbor, and refreshing ocean breezes.
The Channel Islands Maritime Museum features an array of magnificent seascape paintings by masters of the Dutch Golden Age of the 17th century, awe-inspiring vistas by English Romantic painters of the 18th and 19th centuries, a French Impressionist mentor of Monet and international masters of the maritime genre.
See a dramatic collection of historic ship models, the largest on the West Coast, including the exquisite work of renowned model builder, Edward Marple, the exotic “bone models” carved from soup bones by French prisoners of the Napoleonic wars, the great smoke-belching Korean turtle boat and an elaborate Ming Dynasty Treasure Ship built by members of the museum’s dynamic Model Guild.
If your idea of a maritime museum is limited to rusty anchors and old salty sea dogs, come and discover a vibrant cultural venue in the Channel Islands Harbor that celebrates local maritime achievements through contemporary interactive exhibits and displays outstanding examples of centuries of fine art from around the world.
• Five centuries of maritime art rivaling the finest European collections
• Rare and exceptional historic ship models
• Interactive Maritime Exhibits
• La Jenelle shipwreck artifacts
• Rotating exhibits featuring local and international artists
• Museum Store offering maritime collectibles and books
• Breathtaking harbor views
• Fun, educational children’s program
• School field trips
• Monthly Speaker Series and quarterly events
• Interactive Model Guild – all levels of skill welcome
Adults $5 • Seniors (62+) $4 • Children (6-17) $2 Children Under 6 Free
Free Admission with Museum Membership Docent tours of collection with admission
Handicapped accessible • Free parking